Sunday, June 14, 2009

Drum Roll Please.....New Cushions!!

Yes, this is the excitment of my weekend. Finding new cushions for my front porch wicker. I am usually a catalog and on line shopper but I have not been able to find anything that I really liked.

This morning I needed to make a quick stop at a small local hardware store and decided to stop in at a Pier One that was close by. They didn't have much of a selection, but I found what I wanted right away, although I had forgotten how expensive these cushions can be. I had not planned on spending close to $100 for two cushions and a small pillow. That even takes into account a 25% discount on each item!!

But I do love them. Yes, there is a lot of color and prints and stripes on the porch but I've never been a matchy matchy kind of gal, and I DO live in Takoma Park, a very creative little town where a lot of the houses and front porches come alive with vibrant colors. No homeowners associations here!! I just couldn't live like that, personally.

My little loveseat is now so comfortable, I spent most of the afternoon here sipping my Fresca, eating crackers and hummus and reading.



I even gave in and let Woody outside with me. He cries and cries and cries and cries when I'm hanging out on the front porch, so I finally let him out. He likes the new cushions too.


Of course, as soon as I got up to get my camera, Chunky Lisa had to try out the loveseat for herself. An hour later and she is still there snoozing away.
Hope you all had a restful weekend.

8 comments:

KGMom said...

Love the cushions. They really are perfect.
And if the kitties think so, it must be so.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Your new cushions look fabulous! Love th egreen color you chose to paint the wicker. The whole setting looks cool and fresh (even your sandals!)

I'd like to pull up the other chair and sit with you and the kitties.

las794 said...

Love 'em--they're funky!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Very nice and welcoming. Enjoy it. You deserve it. Lisa

Unknown said...

Love the green wicker and the cushions fit it perfectly. YOu are so good for taking in all those cats. I have two strays and that is enough for me but I do love animals.

VictorGC said...

hello possumlady,
i found your blog searching for PAUL. he was one of my closest friends at loyola high in LA. we kept in touch for years and last spoke in '87 or '88. when i moved to dc, i looked him up since this was where i last remember him living. i learned of his passing just a year ago and was stunned and so saddened. i still think of him and have soo many questions. i wonder if you might be willing to speak on the fone w/ me sometime. thank you, Victor

possumlady said...

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your comments about Paul. Please feel free to email me at possumlady(at)verizon(dot)net

Jack said...

They really are perfect. Love the green color you chose to paint the wicker....thanks for sharing with us..
--
Jack
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved