Friday, January 8, 2010

Remembering

Starting in mid-December of each year, the cable station Turner Classic Movies puts out a little video remembrance, that they play throughout the month, of all those who have died in the film industry that year. These are little pieces of art. The video montage along with the music is achingly beautiful. So much better then the little tributes put out by the various news outlets.

That said, I was a little disappointed in this year's tribute. The music didn't seem to live up to past years. Still, again, much better than most. It doesn't seem like I'm able to add videos anymore. Lord knows why not. So I'm putting a link to them. Here is 2009's Tribute, along with 2008, and 2007. I hope you will take the time to watch them and let me know what you think. One more reason why I love TCM so much.

Oh, one thing. It looks like when the video comes on they put a little trailer on the bottom about the song. Make sure to click that closed or you won't see the names at the bottom of the screen.

3 comments:

las794 said...

Those were lovely! Thanks for putting up the links. :)

possumlady said...

Glad you enjoyed them! I've looked at them over and over again.

KGMom said...

I've noticed quite a few blogs that I read cannot post videos. The blank spot is there, but no video.
Hmmmm--it's a conspiracy.