Friday, September 5, 2008

My Hometown

Oh, I 've been trying for 45 minutes to upload a video from either YouTube or ABC but I give up. I'll just provide the link.

While I'm not pleased that the Republican National Convention was in my hometown of St. Paul this week, I'm always pleased when the city gets a little publicity. I'm very proud of being a native St. Paulite. Minneapolis has always been the flashy sister to St. Paul. In fact, I was getting a little annoyed at the newscasters every time they would say they are in Minneapolis or coming to you from the Twin Cities. I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if the convention was in Minneapolis, St. Paul or the Twin Cities would not even get mentioned.

Anyway, I was happy to see Garrison Keillor on ABC news the other night talking about St. Paul (where he lives). He hits it right on the head. Come learn a little about my hometown

http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/51700-garrison-keillor-on-st-paul-abc-09-02-08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I saw the Garrison Keillor piece on tv. I didn't know he really lived there! I hope you have enjoyed your vacation. Will it be hard to go back to work on Monday? Dave and I are supposed to drive up to MD tomorrow so that we can go to dinner with my parents and other family on Monday, which is my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. We are watching Hanna and trying to time the drive so that we are not driving in the pouring ran all the way. Cat59