Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Watch NBC Nightly News Tonight

My boss just got back from NBC's DC bureau after being interviewed for a story on e*rly ch*ldhood education. He's the executive director of my association but unfortunately, for privacy purposes, I can't name my workplace or my boss!!! Well, maybe his initials, MG. Don't want him noseying (is that a word?) around my blog!

Who knows if they will even have him on. Like he said, it will probably be a two second shot.

Still going crazy here preparing for our upcoming board meeting in less then two weeks. I really think I'm getting too old for this...

4 comments:

KGMom said...

Christine--I watched NBC national news--no mention of story.
I assume it would be a positive story.
What a great kind of organization to work for. My husband works for the state education association in PA.
Hope things calm down for you. Reminds me of a former life for me--when I worked for the state medical society. Getting ready for board meetings was always mass panic!

possumlady said...

I know! I have to admit (not to my boss though) that I was switching back and for from the news to The Simpsons so I wasn't absolutely sure I didn't miss it. Glad to know I didn't. Well, maybe tomorrow night?

Honestly, not that anybody should care!

KGMom said...

So, the story was on tonight (Thurs). It was a well-done story on early childhood education, although the section for your boss was brief--like one sentence.
But I did see the whole story.

possumlady said...

I'm glad you saw it Donna! I did too. At least he made one good point! You just never know how things are going to be edited when you sit down for a tv interview.

In my rush I didn't fully read your last post. Yes, my organization does great work. It is not my passion, as that would be working with/for animals, but they pay a good wage, great benefits and I know I've done something to advance the education of young folks. I've worked in the for profit world (for about four years in the mid-80s) and it just is not a good fit.