Friday, April 16, 2010

She's a Brick-----House!

Okay you cat-lovers in the DC area--have I got a cat for you! The Washington Animal Rescue League (the shelter that I support), posted this video of a cat they just got in. She is seven years old, declawed and weighs (ahem) 25 pounds!! Her name, appropriately, is Aretha. She was given up by her owners because she "wanted to be petted too much." Oh, the horrors.

I have fallen in love with her and if I didn't have eight of my own, including another big boned gal Chunky Lisa, I'd snatch Aretha up faster than you could say tuna! She obviously needs to go on a diet, but other than that she is very healthy and a sweeter girl you will not meet.

Check out the video and make sure your sound is on...

5 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

HAHAHAHA!!

I want her~

las794 said...

Great video! Wow, she could take up dancing as exercise. :)

JC said...

So cute !!!

Anonymous said...

That video is a great marketing tool. I hope Aretha finds a good home!

possumlady said...

I especially love her little black beauty mark on her face!

I ran into my neighbor who does a lot of animal fostering and told her about Aretha. She quickly said that she has already been at the shelter and saw her and she is about TWICE the size of my Chunky Lisa!! Wow!