Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Blast from the 80s (with a twist)

Okay, bad title. I'm trying to do a little cleaning today and decided to get out my 80s new wave music collection to help me clean. I was listening to the Safety Dance and laughing to myself remembering the very weird medieval video that went with the song. When it was time for a cleaning break I decided to look up the Safety Dance video and watch it. I googled it and up popped this video titled Safety Dance--Literal Version. Oh My God! I was laughing so hard! It's the actual video with a dubbed literal version by someone who sounds just like the original singer. I'm not sure if it will be as funny if you don't know the original song, but see what you think. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with the original song, but that's a really bad video!!
Cat59

possumlady said...

I can't believe you don't remember the song Cat! I have to admit that I really did like the song and I may have even bought the LP. But the video is a riot. I think it was voted one of the worst music videos of all time! The literal version just put the icing on the cake.

wonderland said...

Possumlady, I just clicked onto your blog, and love it. Very cool. I will be back.