Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Oh, Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

If you had $500 to spend on anything you'd like, what would it be? No, you can't use it to pay off a bill or use it for something you need. It needs to be something extravagant, just for you. I had been thinking about this with my tax refund that was a bit more than I had expected.



So,


this


is


what


I


got:







I can't tell you how great this sounds. Being such a musical person, I'm surprised I lasted this long without one. I have been listening to a cheap ($25.00) portable Memorex CD/stereo for the past 10 years. I generally have it tuned to the classical station all the time. But when DC's only classical station went under and the old station that used to be classical, went back to classical in January (are you following me), the reception on the new station was so bad that most mornings, I just had to turn it off and apologize to the kitties (they are classical cats and listen to music during the day when I'm at work). With the Bose, the reception is crystal clear. The first time I turned it on I was listening to a classical piece. When the announcer came on afterwards, all the cats JUMPED up frantically looking around as they thought someone else was in the house! That has never happened before.

Okay, your turn. What would you buy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and the cats have a decent sound system! You probably wonder why you waited so long. I've pondered your question and haven't come up with an answer that I feel strongly about. $500 is an interesting amount--it's enough to be serious money, but it's not enough for some things I'd really like to get or do. For instance, I would really like new kithcen cabinets, countertops, and floor and it's not enough for that. I have a birthstone ring that my grandmother gave me when I was very young and it's too small for even a pinky ring now. I've thought about getting that re-set. I wonder if it would cost more than $500? I will continue to give the question some thought.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think getting your birthstone reset is the perfect way to spend $500. I would think that should be enough money, but a jewelry expert I am not.

Possumlady

nina at Nature Remains. said...

I'm beginning to think I'd put money toward a better camera than what I'm using. I'm always so disappointed when I see how what I actually experienced looks once captured in a photo.
Which brings up the next question: can a camera ever really capture the experience in a photo?

possumlady said...

Oh, a new camera would be great! Although if you check our Mary's View blog, she just uses a Kodak Easy Share, which is what I have. But I don't get nearly the precise exquisite photos that she does.